What is MOBY?
Making our Business Yours (MOBY) is a free, unique and bespoke mentoring package available to employers who recruit individuals from the This-Ability project. Businesses that work with MOBY are allocated a mentor who will provide tailored support to the business looking to be a disability confident employer. MOBY is part of the This-Ability project and funded through the Big Lottery Fund.
What a MOBY Mentor does…
- Learns and understands the business and its key priorities
- Helps the employer make small adjustments to make their workplace accessible to all
- Supports the business through an inclusive recruitment process that suits both employer and employee
- Trains the successful employee until they are competent and confident in carrying out the role independently
- Offers free bespoke training packages for all members of the team
- Supports employers through the Disability Confident accreditation if desired
- Offers continued support to the business
- MOBY mentors are trained in TSI (Training in Systematic Instruction)
Training in systematic Instruction (TSI) is a tool for training practical skills not for teaching abstract academic skills. Systematic Instruction has a value based philosophy that drives the approach. An approach in which preparation and consistency in training are essential.
TSI is an approach intended for those working directly with people who require additional support to learn the practical skills involved in work and independent living. Originally, it was conceived with those with learning disabilities in mind, but its relevance and effectiveness to reach across many vulnerable groups has become obvious, including to people with autism, Asperger’s syndrome, users of mental health services and basically anyone who lacks confidence and/or needs support to successfully undertake and learn the practical tasks involved in work.
Dr Marc Kilsby.
Free resources available to employers
As this is a funded project we are in a unique position to provide free training to local businesses who work with us.
- Disability Awareness training tailored to your business needs
The This-Ability and PADD team will deliver a free training package to you and your employees. The training package is flexible and can be tailored to your business.
- Online Disability in the workplace training
You and your workforce will have access to a free online training resource that can be accessed at a time to suit the working day