What is openness?
Openness means to talk to people and share important information about yourself, for example being open with your employer about your disability and support needs.
Why is openness important in work?
We believe being open about your disability is positive and a great way to educate employers about disabilities and reasonable adjustments.
What will be covered in this session?
- Advantages of openness
- What are reasonable adjustments
- How to explain your reasonable adjustments to an employer
Examples of activities
- Discussion around openness
- Reasonable adjustment scenarios
- Create your about me page for your Employability Passport